Stand for the Family Conference
Date: Friday, November 15, 2013
To Register, click here now. For more details, see below.
South Town Exposition Center
9575 South State Street
Sandy, UT 84070
Eye-opening presentations, solutions and strategies from world-renowned experts and scholars on issues that matter to your family.
You will learn:
- How the international sexual rights agenda is threatening families and targeting children worldwide
- How to protect your children and family against promiscuity, pornography, and distorted ideas about human sexuality
- How to address the sensitive issues of same-sex attraction with understanding and compassion
- How to counteract the increasing threats to parental rights and religious freedoms
- How to strengthen your marriage and family and improve parenting skills
- How to become an effective family advocate so your voice can make a difference
Organized by Family Watch International with other pro-family organizations, the “Stand for the Family Conference,” has been designed to educate and involve concerned citizens and community leaders in the effort to preserve the traditional family as the fundamental unit of society.
Speakers selected for their expertise and their presentation skills will share important information about the threats to the family and how to protect:
- Parental rights
- Religious freedom.
Among the most critical issues discussed will be:
- How a sexual rights agenda is being used around the world to threaten families and especially to target innocent children.
- How the issue of same-sex attraction is being misconstrued and how to address it with understanding and compassion.
- How parental rights are being undermined and what can be done to protect those rights.
The discussions will illuminate international and national issues and will help to organize and coordinate efforts to protect the family at the state level as well as nationally and internationally.
Most of all, the conference is designed to convey the understanding that, “The family is the answer. As nations build upon the family unit, they will find root solutions to world problems,” said Sharon Slater, president of Family Watch International.
The Stand for the Family Conference also will launch a celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the International Year of the Family. The first International Year of the Family was celebrated in 1994 and the first International Conference on the Family, in conjunction with the United Nations, was convened in Salt Lake City in June 1995. In honor of the 20th anniversary, the United Nations has issued a call for people around the world to hold events celebrating the family. Beginning with this kickoff event, Family Watch will continue throughout 2014, with a theme for each month and ideas families can use to celebrate and help preserve the family.
The Stand for the Family Conference will be held at the South Towne Exposition Center at 9575 S. State St. in Sandy, Utah, November 15, 2013, with workshops and plenary sessions during the day and a super session that evening.
Click here for a complete list of speakers and program details.
Registration ($5 for students, $10 prior to the conference or $12 at the door) is now open. To Register, click here now.